So guess what? I finished my draft of CAUGHT UP IN YOU! Woot! 55 Days - 85,000 words and enough Iced Tea to hydrate a Paula Deen convention.
I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A slow writer can learn new tricks apparently.
It was kind of like doing NaNoWriMo two months back to back. (I do not recommend it.) But after multiple false starts with this book and a complete change in concept (twice), which put me under the gun, I made my deadline! Now I have to do some revisions, then onto the next project which is due Feb. 1. *gets back on hamster wheel*
But I hope to at least be sane enough to get back to some regular blogging now. And since it's Friday, I figured I'd get back to my normal round up post. This is two weeks worth of links.
- 9 Tips for Creating a Compelling Novel via Jody Hedlund
- some hard numbers by Janet Reid (on what you would need to sell as a self-pubbed author to get noticed by NY)
- Ladysplaining the Value of A Literary Culture for Commercial Fiction via Dear Author
- If You Remember One Thing, It Should Be This: Never Sign An Unnegotiated Boilerplate Contract With Any Publisher - via Kristin Nelson
- Kindle user claims Amazon deleted whole library without explanation - Boing Boing
- Structure Part 7–Genre Matters via Kristen Lamb
- Baloney Advice Writers Should Ignore via The Kill Zone
- NaNo Prep: Should Pantsers Be Plotters? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author
- You Need More Scoundrels in Your Life: How to Write a Han Solo Hero in Six Easy Steps! Guest Tiffany Reisz at Janie Hardy's Blog
- How to increase Dropbox space for free via Smart Media Tips
- The Way We Learn About Books is Changing | Nathan Bransford, Author
- Ugh, What Do I Write About? The Struggle for Ideas via Janice Hardy
- How to Write a Novel in a Month via Kill Zone
- ADD, Word Count & Why Dead Bodies are Good for the Living via Kristen Lamb
On Social Networking/Promotion:
- Dangerous Minds | FACEBOOK: I WANT MY FRIENDS BACK
- Is Your Author Website Doing Its Job? 6 Things to Check | Jane Friedman
- Is Blogging Important for Novelists Considering Self-Publishing? via Jody Hedlund
- Should All Authors Blog? | Rachelle Gardner <--lots of rumblings about blogging fading in importance these days
- These are Top 25 Book Reviewers on Goodreads (infographic) - Forbes
Bright, Shiny Randomness:
- Cassandra Clare, October is anti-Bullying month: on hiatuses and hate blogs <--really important post from Cassandra Clare on the nastiness of internet bullies
- ‘Born This Way’: LGBT adults reflect on the moment they knew they were gay — PHOTOS via Shelf Life
- The 32 Greatest Unscripted Movie Scenes via Screen Rant (saw this on Twitter today and couldn't remember from who, so sorry whoever that was. :) )
- Reading Rainbow is back with an App! (found via Nathan Bransford)
Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!