Kidlet goes back to school next week!
So this week has continued to be crazy and my current WIP has changed a few times over again. Let's not even talk about deadlines. But I'm not going to complain because deadlines mean I have book contracts and that is always a good thing. :)
But can I say I'm SO happy kidlet goes back to school next week. He only goes for half a day in the afternoons so I'm not going to be getting much more time than I get now with him in daycare in the mornings, but afternoon time is so much more productive for me writing wise. AND a bus will pick up kidlet instead of me having to play taxi. So yay for that.
Oh, and for those of you who remember me asking about other programs to use to organize and save links like Delicious, I think I've found one that works for me. Zootool allows me to save a link with one click of a bookmark button and I can organize them into "packs" which is similar to when Delicious still had "stacks" (the feature I was missing in the new design). So then I can just make a pack for each week and save things throughout the week for this Friday post. :)
Now, on to the links...
- The Gold Medal Race To The New York Times Bestseller List. Write Your Heart out. Run your ass off. | Danielle LaPorte
- Finding Comparables for Your Novel | Annie Neugebauer
- The Inner Struggle: Guides for Using Inner Conflict That Make Sense via Janice Hardy
- Michael Hauge’s Workshop: Combining Emotional Journeys and External Plots | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author
- Author, Jody Hedlund: What's Life Really Like as a Published Author?
- Beware of This Sly Writer's Enemy - also Jody Hedlund
- William Petrocelli: Who Needs Publishers & Bookstores? Writers, Readers & Everyone Else via Huffington Post
- throw another bear in the canoe - thirteen things to do when you run out of plot:**
- Does the Publishing Industry Care Too Much About Writing Quality? | Nathan Bransford, Author
On Social Media/Promotion:
- Should You Preschedule Tweets? « Writerland - Meghan Ward
- 8 Tips for Promoting Your Book Online | Rachelle Gardner
- 13 Simple Tips for a Better Blog - Rachelle Gardner
- Copyright Is Not a Verb | Jane Friedman
- All We Needed To Know About Social Media Success, We Learned in Kindergarten « Kristen Lamb's Blog
Other Awesome Stuff:
- Natalie Bahm: BIG News - My agency-mate Natalie is self-pubbing her first novel and ALL proceeds are going to help a family with a very sick child. How amazing is Natalie? She's going to stop by the blog next month to talk more about it, but go check out what she's doing and spread the word.
- Dogshaming - This was making the rounds on Twitter this week, but in case you missed it, go check it out. HILARIOUS.
What You May Have Missed Here:
- Do Quirky Writing Habits Equal Greatness?
- The Uncomfortable Pantser: When Your Method Doesn't Fit Your Personality
That's all I've got this week. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!