Hope everyone has had a good week and is fully recovered from Thanksgiving. I've been home with a sick kidlet for most of the week, so it's been hazmat clean up, temperature taking, and setting alarms in the middle of the night to give fever meds. Fun times for all. Saying a prayer the weekeend is better.
Fave Photo of the week: Our Thanksgiving trip to Austin
But enough of my whining, it's time for the best links of the week (or the last few weeks as the case may be.)
Here we go...
- 5 Writing Tips from Laini Taylor from Publisher's Weekly <--bland title but a great post worth reading
- The growing popularity of YA movie franchises | Examiner.com
- Writer Unboxed » Changing Your Process <--I linked to this in a post a few weeks ago, but if you haven't checked it out, go now. :)
- Why It's Not The Critic Who Matters - SHELLI JOHNSON
On Social Media/Promotion:
- Do You Cringe When Authors Market Their Books? via Writer Unboxed
- How Many Social Networks Are Enough? via Meghan Ward
- When Should I Launch My Author Website? via Author Media
- What are you blogging for? — Veronica Sicoe
- Creepy Query Girl: Are Blog Tours Losing Their Promotional Power?
- Pinterest Enables Private Boards - SocialTimes <--Yay! Since my photo debacle I've been waiting for this.
Bright, Shiny Randomnes
- Gift Guide, Part II | Blog | Smart Bitches, Trashy Books <--I want so many things on this list
- Sexiest Man Alive: 50 Hot Guys from 50 States : People.com <--My home state puts up a strong candidate with the yummy Ian Somerhalder
- A Loving Introduction to BDSM | Psychology Today <--really good overview if you're curious
- The Ultimate Thrill Ride: Ten Tips for BDSM Safety | TheCelebrityCafe.com by author Joey W. Hill <--for those of you who are new to writing and/or trying BDSM ;) Safety first.
What You May Have Missed Here:
- UK Readers: Crash Into You & Melt Into You Are Now Available In Ebook!
- Want a Peek Inside Grant's Head? New Excerpt from FALL INTO YOU
- Ebook or Print: When Do You Buy One Over the Other?
- Slow Writer Reformed: It Can Be Done!
- What's On Your Christmas List?
- Debut Author Paul Anthony Shortt on Love Reborn
That's all I've got this week. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!