(Photo via the U.S. National Archives)
Status: Still trying to find balance this week
So I'm still buried this week with writing the new WIP and going through copyedits for FALL INTO YOU, so this list may be a little shorter than normal. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to balance working under deadlne and keeping up with everything else. But hopefully you'll find some links worth clicking.
- Sara Megibow Sells Romance – The Girlfriend’s Guide to Being a Debut Author | Romance University - if you weren't at RWA and you missed the panel I did with Sara, you can check out the highlights here.
- 6 Ways to Pull off Dual Timelines in Your Novel via K.M. Weiland - I remember googling like hell trying to find this kind of info when I was writing a dual timeline for CRASH INTO YOU, but couldn't find much. So now here you go. Dual timelines can be a really tough thing to juggle, but I really enjoyed writing a story that had them. And these are good tips.
- Building Your Production Capacity - Susan Kaye Quinn
- How I’m Learning to Live With and Love 50 Shades of Grey via Dear Author
- Things You NEED To Know When Meeting An Author via Julie Cross
On Social Media/Marketing:
- The Slap-Your-Head-Simple Secret for Selling More Books — Self Publishing Team
- Unwitting Newsletter Douchebaggery And How to Avoid It | Blog | Smart Bitches, Trashy Books
- Authors, How Do You Gauge Your Social Media Tolerance? | BookBaby Blog
- Why I Will Be Posting Less on My Blog | Michael Hyatt <--some good food for thought
- Social isn’t a magic bullet, but it can sell books | FutureBook
- An Author Platform Built on SPAM is Doomed to Fall via Kristen Lamb
Other stuff and what you may have missed from me this week:
- 6 Myths about BDSM… Inspired by 50 Shades of Grey via Bring Back Desire
- My mini-rant on the BDSM "You're Not Doing It Right" police via Scorching Book Reviews
- Because Good Smut Should Be Shared...Book Recommendations - from me
So what good links have you come across this week? Hope y'all have a great weekend!