I may or may not have done this dance when I turned in my book. :)
Hey there. Hope everyone has had a fantastic week. I turned in my latest book to my editor yesterday so I'm in celebration mode. : ) Now I get a few days to clear my head before I get to work on the E-serial, NOT UNTIL YOU, on Monday.
Here are the best links I've come across in the last two weeks. Since I've been in serious writing/editing mode, my surfing time has been scarce so this is a little shorter than normal, but I still wanted to pass them along.
- Campbell, Vogler, the Hero's Journey, The Writer's Journey and Narrative Structure Cheat Sheet — Readability
- 35 Synonyms for “Look” via Daily Writing Tips <--this is a favorite overused word of mine so I found this very helpful
- There Is No Time For Despair - Rachelle Gardner
- Why Ebooks Are Inspiring A New Age Of Print via Huffington Post
On Social Media/Promotion:
- Social Media Hangover? via Elana Johnson
- Is it Time to Change Your Blog? « August McLaughlin's Blog
- Are Writers Too Insulated from Their Readers? | Rachelle Gardner
- 3 Social Media Myths that Can Cripple Our Author Platform via Kristen Lamb
- 10 Marketing Techniques That Annoy Potential Readers | Nathan Bransford, Author
- High Concept Blogging: Achieving Bloggy Goodness in Record Time via Jenny Hansen
Bright, Shiny Randomness:
- Smexy New Pics of David Beckham via Huffington Post
- BDSM DIY: The acronym-free guide to home pervertables | Offbeat Home (guest post from author Joey Hill) - I'll never look at a Bowflex the same way again. :)
- NoHomophobes.com <--This was really interesting. This website keeps a live total of how often homophobic slurs (things like "you're so gay") are used on Twitter. Shocking how constant it is and how hateful language can become so casual for us.
What You May Have Missed Here:
- New Music Page: The Loving on the Edge Playlists
- Chilling Reads: A Few Books That Will Make You Leave the Lights On
- Books That Left Me Breathless: The Darker Side of Erotica & A Giveaway <--LAST DAY to enter to win a signed copy of Tiffany Reisz's THE SIREN.
- Losing Perspective on Your Writing: Does This Sing or Suck?
- And if you missed my radio interview on Bring Back Desire After Dark radio and are just DYING to listen to me talk about my books, my hubs, and romance, then you can listen here. (My portion starts around the 30 min mark.)
All right, that's all I have for you this week. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!