So this week I've been in my writing cave, busting butt to meet an end of the month deadline. So I didn't get a chance to collect enough links for my usual Fill Me In Friday feature. I'll just save up the few links from this week and add them to next week's.
Instead, I've decided to offer some suggestions to those who may have discovered the BDSM/kinky romance genre via the book everyone is talking about, Fifty Shades of Grey, and want to read more in the genre.
I'm not going to talk about the controversy surrounding it. I've vented enough about Dr. Drew on Twitter this week. And I'm not here to review the book. There are many respected reviewers doing that out there.
However, what I do hope all this talk stirs up, is interest in the subgenre of erotic romance. There are so many talented writers and great stories out there that I hope readers will check out.
So here are a couple of suggestions:
BDSM romance with very alpha male Doms:
- Maya Banks' Sweet Series - particularly Sweet Surrender , Sweet Persuasion (total power exchange with a contract like 50 Shades) , and Sweet Temptation (Heat) (the tortured hero)
- Shayla Black's Wicked Lovers series - starts with Wicked Ties
- Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Shadowlands series - starts with Club Shadowlands [Masters of the Shadowlands 1]
- Eve Berlin's Pleasure's Edge
- SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION ALERT: Almost all of my books would fall under this category. : ) If you my alpha-est alphas, try NOT UNTIL YOU, NEED YOU TONIGHT, FALL INTO YOU, NOTHING BETWEEN US.
BDSM romance with the woman as the Domme but still very alpha heroes:
- Joey W. Hill's Nature of Desire series - particularly Nature of Desire - Natural Law (Believe me, even if you don't think you'd like reading about the roles being reversed, check these out. Joey Hill is fantastic. Though, warning, these will make 50 Shades seem very, very mild and vanilla.)
- I have one coming out in October 2015 called Break Me Down.
BDSM Erotica (not necessarily a wrapped up happy ending):
- Tiffany Reisz's Original Sinners series - one of my favorites
- Any of Megan Hart's erotica novels - so well written and they can tear you apart
- When Alex Was Bad: A Novel of Erotic Suspense by Jo Davis
- Any of Lorelei James's erotic cowboy novels
- My book FALL INTO YOU has a kinky cowboy hero
Just Good Fun with some kink but not full-out BDSM:
- Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun
- The Principal's Office by Jasmine Haynes
- Anything by Lauren Dane - Particularly her Brown Sibings series which starts with Laid Bare , but all of her books are fabulous
- Anything by Jaci Burton - Try her Wild Riders series or her Play-by-Play series series
There are so many more I could list including some m/m options (will save for another post) and some more envelope-pushing stories, but I think these are good ones to start with if you're new to the genre.
And I know there are so many more I haven't read that would be great options too.
So if you're an avid reader in this genre and have some suggestions to add to this list (I know I'm woefully under-read in the ebook market), then feel free to let me know your suggestions in the comments.
So what books would you suggest? Or if you're new to the genre, what of these appeal to you?