Friday, I talked about the ins and outs of dialogue and how much I enjoy writing it. It seems a lot of you share my passion for those chatty scenes, so I thought it would be fun to do a dialogue blogfest. :)
I'm sure most of you have participated in these in the past. If you need an example, here's my entry from the Kissing Blogfest. Blogfests are great fun and are a terrific opportunity to get your own work read and to get to know what your fellow bloggers write.
So for this blogfest, the rules are simple:
1. On Tuesday May 18, post a short excerpt on your blog of your most sparkly dialogue scene (no, I'm not talking about Edward Cullen). It can be anything dialogue-heavy--a laid-back chat, an all out argument, a flirty conversation, two friends ribbing each other--whatever. The options are endless.
2. Sign up on Mr. Linky below so that everyone will be able to come here and find your excerpt on blogfest day.
3. Make sure you visit others on May 18 to spread the comment love.
4. Also, on blogfest day, make sure you include a link back to THIS POST, so that everyone can find the Linky list.
5. Optional, but appreciated: I will be forever indebted if leading up to this, you mention the link on your blog or tweet/facebook it so that we can get as many people to play along as possible.
You can even grab this handy dandy button to post in your sidebar if you want to be uber awesome. :)
!!!BONUS!!!: After the blogfest, I will randomly select one of the participants to win a $10 gift certificate from Amazon! (Now, if you sign up, then don't post an excerpt on blogfest day, you will be disqualified from the contest. You must participate to be eligible. *cracks whip*)
**Also, if you DO decide to post the above button or the link in your sidebar for at least two weeks leading up to the fest, you get an extra entry in the contest. (Make sure you let me know in the comments if you are going to do this.)
Alright, so who's in? Sign up below!
Let me know if you have any questions. I'm so excited and look forward to reading all of your excerpts! Now go on, sign up, you know you want to. ;)
**Today's Theme Song**
"(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" - Weezer
(player in sidebar, go ahead, take a listen)