Photo by Son of Groucho
Need to catch up? It's that time of the week again--best links!
But first, I'm a guest over at the Save the Cat blog today talking about Why Your Writing Process Shouldn’t Be Sacred. Yes, I fangirled about Save the Cat so much online that they invited me over, lol. But seriously, that book changed my writing life. I'm a believer. :)
- Revisiting The Fevered Egos Of Self-Publishing via Chuck Wendig
- Encouraging Words from Seasoned Professionals « Threadbare Gypsy Soul
- The Dos and Don’ts of Writers’ Conferences: Part 4 :: The Knight Agency, Inc.
- Glass Cases: Damn Yankees, and Other Ways Self-Publishing Holds Itself Back
- All About Advances | Rachelle Gardner
- 10 Writing Quotes that Will Keep You from Quitting (gleaned from @DFWCon) | D.B. Smyth
- Neil Gaiman Gives Graduates 10 Essential Tips for Working in the Arts | Open Culture
On Social Networking:
- The Comfort Zone is for Pets, Not Professionals « Kristen Lamb's Blog
- Pitch Slapped: Why Do You Still Blog? (Or, "Is Anyone Out There?")
- Footprints in Shifting Sands - The Knight Agency on what not to talk about online
- Author, Jody Hedlund: How Much Interaction Should Authors Have With Readers?
- Social Media is an Imperfect Sales Tool. Use it Anyway. | Nathan Bransford
- You’ll Look Like a Spammer If… | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author
- Looking for Some 50 Shade of Grey alternatives? The USA Today Happy Ever After blog asked romance authors for their recommendations. (I'm happy to be on the list, but they also list many of my personal favorites too. Great list!)
What You May Have Missed Here:
- From Terrified to Teaching: My Writer's Con Journey
- Alex O'Loughlin - Boyfriend of the Week via Sharla Lovelace
- What Will Make An Agent Gong Your Pages
- Spice It Up Thursday: The Real Girl's Guide to Lingerie
- In Denial About Summer
- (posted on the parenting blog Peanut Butter on the Keyboard)
So that's what I've got for the week. What were some of you favorite links this week?