Made by reader Kylie
One of the requests I get most from you, my dear amazing readers, is one of the best I can think of: We want more stories. The wait between books is too long.
Hearing that makes me happy because that means *insert Sally Fields moment* you like what you're reading from me. THANK YOU. But on the flipside, putting out more than two full-length novels a year is tough (and I put out 3 this past year if you count the serial as novel) because I write long books and I'm not one of those 5k words a day writers no matter how hard I try to be. I've gotten a lot faster but quality will always be my number one focus.
So I've been looking for ways to provide you with more short form stories throughout the year in between the full-length novels. As much as I love writing the long books (boy, do I love that), I also find short stories and novellas so much fun because I can hone in on the main romance and conflict between the characters without a lot of subplots getting in the way. It's a snapshot of their lives. Fast-paced and sexy.
So, having said all that, I've got lots of fun stuff to share with you. : )
Here's what's happening so far in 2014:
- February 25th - FIFTY FIRST TIMES - This is a new adult anthology about (you guessed it) first times. (You can read an excerpt from my story "Two In the Morning") I'm so excited about this anthology. Dude, the list of authors is epic, including some of the biggest names in New Adult and YA. (Somehow they let me the romance writer in, lol.) And it's like 600 pages long--all for 2.99. Come on, that's a freaking steal.
- Also in February - I'll be in a Alpha Bad Boy Biker box set with a kickass group of authors. Mine will be a short sexy novella with New Adult vibe about what else--a sexy biker. I'll release more details once the cover is finalized. :)
- March 4 - Kade will finally be here. NEED YOU TONIGHT releases! I'm so thrilled to finally put Kade's story out in the world. I try not to pick favorite heroes because the others get jealous, but... (Read the first chapter.)
- Starting in April (my novella out in August 12) - Invitation to Eden: a continuity series (meaning they all happen in the same world/place but each novella is by a different author). I'll give more details when I can release a cover.
Eden, where anything…and everything goes!
MARCH 31: Lauren Hawkeye free series prequel
APRIL 15 : Julia Kent, Avery Aster , Adriana Hunter
MAY 13: Sharon Page, Suzanne Rock, Marian Tee
JUNE 17: Sara Fawkes, Eliza Gayle, Cathryn Fox
JULY 15: Carly Phillips, Erika Wilde, Daire St. Denis
AUGUST 12: Karen Erickson, Mari Carr, Roni Loren
SEPTEMBER 16: Lauren Hawkeye, Eden Bradley, Opal Carew
OCTOBER 14: Delilah Devlin, Kimberly Kaye Terry, Tawny Stokes
NOVEMBER 4: Steena Holmes, CC MacKenzie, Julie Kenner/J.Kenner
DECEMBER 2: Joey W. Hill, RG Alexander, Sarah Castille
- Summer/Early Fall - A Loving on the Edge novella (details as soon as I can officially release them, but it *may* involve previous characters *hint, hint*)
- November - NOT UNTIL YOU (my e-serial) out in paperback! *confetti gun* Thank you to all of you who bought the serial because those sales convinced the publisher to put out a complete version in print. Yay! So for those of you who didn't want to read it in serial format will now have an option and those who wanted on your shelves because you're collecting the series, you'll have it. : )
- NOTHING BETWEEN US (Colby's Story) - Release date will be announced as soon as I know it. : )
Whew, that's all for now. In other news, I may not see the sun for a while. *types furiously*
Hope you have a great weekend!