Photo by Son of Groucho
Busy week? Need to catch up? It's that time of the week again. Hope everyone has had a great one (and survived spring break with your kids!) This week's links list is actually a compilation from two weeks because I skipped last week. Hope you enjoy!
Oh, but first, I'm a guest over at Tiffany A White's Ooo Factor today. Come find out answers to questions like --who's been the most popular boyfriend of the week and where I found the inspiration for my stories.
On Writing, Blogging, and Social Networking:
- The Intern: a follow's not a book sale (though it's very nice): thoughts on social media
- Is A “Niche” Or “Non-Niche” Blog Right For You? via Write it Sideways <--loved this post since I recently made the switch from niche to not so niche
- Not Just Another Writer’s Writing Blog - Write it Sideways
- ReDesign 101 | Camryn Rhys - on redesigning your website
- W.I.P. It: 7 Ways to Cut Back Without Losing Out - on social media
- Social Media Is Free, But Comes with a Price | Michael Hyatt
- Goodreads' CEO on Winning the Battle of Book Discovery | Publishing Perspectives
- 12 Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time | SEOmoz
- Indie Authors—Getting Those All-Important Reviews—by Rachel Abbott | Mystery Writing is Murder
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Are the Big 6 Publishers Really Dying?
- Grab a Hoe and Let's Go | Live Write Thrive
- Kindle Singles, Genre Between Magazine Articles and Books - NYTimes.com
- Welcome to the Blog Home of Tabula Rasa, Indie Author « Me and My Shovel <--really appreciated this post, about not being so "generic" and formal on your blog but to really show your personality
- Bits and Bites to inspire | GENREALITY
- The 5 Most Common Author Website Mistakes | Rachelle Gardner
- Goodreads: 8 Things Writers Should Know | Rachelle Gardner
- Pinterest: 13 Things Writers Should Know | Rachelle Gardner
- Writing Multiple Books a Year--It Doesn’t Take as Much Time as You’d Think. by Elizabeth S. Craig
On the 50 Shades of Grey hoopla:
- Fifty Shades - My Fifty Cents by Carly Phillips at Plot Monkeys (You can also win a copy of CRASH INTO YOU over here)
- EvilReads - Fifty-One Shades: A Parody - come on, you know you can't resist
- Erika Christakis on 50 Shades of Grey: Why Is It News That Women Like Sex? | TIME
- Romance, Arousal, and Condescension by Smart Bitches, Trashy Books
- When Does Fan Fiction Cross an Ethical Line? by Jami Gold
- What to Read If You've Read 50 Shades of Grey and Want More BDSM Romance (this one is from this blog)
What You May Have Missed Here:
- A Sneak Peek from STILL INTO YOU
- Boyfriend of the Week: Paul Walker via Author Tiffany Reisz
- Twelve Writer Woes and the Books to Cure Them
- An Exclusive Peek Inside MELT INTO YOU
- Boyfriend of the Week: Gabriel Aubry via The Karens
- A Lesson in "Don't Write to the Trend"
- The Too Observant Child - my post over at Peanut Butter on the Keyboard
All right, that's what's I have this week. What were some of your favorite posts of the week? Anyone else ready for spring break to be over?